When you add exceptions to your McAfee security settings allows you to access files and websites that have been blocked by an application. Several types of exceptions can be added to your McAfee; it depends on the category of the restrictions you face.
Files or directories can also be added from hard drive scans. If you have a McAfee’s Family Protection application, then you can easily create exceptions that permit and allow the members of the family to gain access to the sites that are blocked by McAfee.
How to delete the items from the threat list:-
- Open the program interface for your McAfee Antivirus application, like Total protection or Internet Security and many more.
- On the main screen, tap on the Navigation tab.
- Then you need to scroll down and tap on Quarantined and Trusted Items.
- Go to the Quarantined Items option and click it. Now a list of potential threats will be shown to you which is found and quarantined by McAfee.
- If items are identified by McAfee as unnecessary applications, simply tap on Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs instead.
- Find the file or items and select them to create an exception.
- Then tap on the option Restore. Items will be removed from quarantine by McAfree, and an exception will be created so that items won’t show up as a threat when scans occur.
How to Allow Blocked Websites:-
- First of all, open the program interface to your McAfee antivirus application.
- Tap on the Web and Email Protection tab.
- Then tap on Firewall.
- Scroll down the screen and click Net Guard.
- Tap on Edit, scroll again, and select option Allow this Connection for All Programs.
- Now tap on Apply option and McAfee will create an exception for the website and will enable it through the firewall.
Steps to exclude files and folders from being scanned:-
- Firstly open the program interface to your McAfee antivirus application.
- Tap on the Virus and Spyware Protection tab.
- Go to the Scheduled Scans option and click it.
- And tap on Excluded Files and Folders option.
- Now tap on Add File option, and you will create an exception for an individual file.
- You can also tap on Add Folder, and this will generate an exception for an entire folder.
- Now you’ve got to select the file or any folder in the file section window.
- Then click on Open button.
Note: McAfee will add the file or folder to your list of excluded items and will skip the item at the time of hard drive scans.
How to allow the website through the parental controls:-
- Open the McAfee Family Protection application.
- Then you will need to enter the administrator user username and password.
Note: the password and username are generated when you register the application.
- Now you have to click on Websites on the main screen,
- Choose any member of your family to whom you want to allow access to a specific website.
- And then tap on Change Allowed Websites option.
- Now you just have to enter the URL of the website under Allow a Website Colum.
- And then tap on the Add option.
Note: McAfee makes an exception that permits the selected user to access the website irrespective of any other settings.