Remote Desktop is a remote desktop software tool produced by Google. It is an operating feature that allows the users to remotely control another computer through a proprietary protocol and access a workplace workstation when at home or vice versa, performs administrative tasks efficiently and achieves the process demonstrations or software application, and also fixes the computer problems remotely. Here this article is going to help you access another computer from your computer using the Google Chrome Remote Desktop.
Follow the guidelines given below to control another computer remotely:
- First of all, open Google Chrome on the host computer.
Note: If you haven’t yet installed Chrome on your computer, you need to install it first.
- Then you will need to go to the Chrome Remote Desktop page.
- Tap on the Add to Chrome button. You will find it in the upper right corner of the Chrome Remote Desktop window.
- Tap on the Add Apps button when prompted. Doing so will install the Chrome Remote Desktop App in your Google Chrome Browser.
- Now you will see the Chromes apps page opening in a new tap when finished.
- You then need to tap on the Chrome Remote Desktop option.
Note: If the Google Chrome page is not opening, then you can try typing “chrome: //apps” into the Chrome’s address bar and enter it.
- Now you have to authorize your Chrome Remote Desktop.
Note: This step can be different for various systems depending on their browser settings. Most probably you will need to select a Google account to use and tap on Allow button.
Tap on the Set Started button. You will see it below the My Computer heading.