Do you have an iPhone 6 or its successor versions? If yes, then you may be facing an issue with your virtual assistant, Siri. Some of the iPhone owners reported that Siri is not functioning after the iOS 10 and iOS 11 updates. Siri is one of the fantastic features that the iPhone has ever had, but the owners do not know the reason behind the Siri issue. Without a virtual assistant, it could be inconvenient to use other services instantly, but you don’t have to bother anymore. There is a workaround to operate Siri again. Backup your device before getting started, as the process may show other problems with the device. So backing up your data will be a right decision.
How to Fix Siri is not working in iPhone
- Sir must be enabled
- Siri is not working in your iPhone, make sure it is enabled.
- Go to Settings and tap Siri and Search.
- Toggle on all the buttons saying Listen for “Hey Siri,” Press Home for Siri, and Allow Siri When Locked.
- Make sure the buttons are green now.
- Connect your phone with Internet network
- Since Siri is a real-time service, it connects with the Apple server to bring the output of your command.
- To do that, you need an Internet connection to make Siri functional.
- Either enable your Wi-Fi or switch on your Cellular Data.
- Check Location Services
- The function of Siri is based on the location settings of your phone.
- If your iPhone is showing other state and time zone, the problem will occur in Siri.
- Go to Settings and tap Privacy.
- Open Location Services and switch on the button.
- Reset iPhone settings
- Resetting your iPhone may fix the software error.
- Siri is software, and it may be facing a software or settings contradictions.
- In Settings, go to General and tap Reset.
- In the next section, tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter your iPhone passcode and tap Reset All Settings.
- Your iPhone will reset all the settings.
- Reboot the Phone
- Restarting any device usually works to solve the problem.
- To fix the software issues, you can reboot your iPhone and check if Siri works.
- Hold the power button and swipe the red power option from left to right on the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds and hold the power button again.
- Your device will turn on in a few moments.
These workarounds will work to enable Siri in iPhone. Now you will be able to take help from your virtual assistant to message, call, put a reminder or reserve a seat for your favorite movie show.
Sofia Martine is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.