Microsoft is always developing new ideas to make its operating system, Windows more comfortable and easier to access. With time, Windows has been developed and has improvements in it. In Windows 10 version 1803, the search is improved with Cortana but still the users are facing the problems. Many of the Microsoft customers reported that the system is not showing any search results even when Cortana is used to search items in Windows 10.
Cortana is personal assistant developed by Microsoft Corporation, but in the Window 10, the users are facing the Cortana search problems. There are workarounds capable of solving the search problems in Windows 10 version 1803. If you are also looking for the solutions, then you are at the right place as the guide is about to instruct you the proper steps to troubleshoot the problem.
Here’s how to Solve Cortana search Problems in Windows 10
Ensure Windows Search Services is running
- Press the Windows Key + R to open run programs.
- Type msc in the program and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the Windows Search.
- Double click on it and set start type to Automatic.
- Now click Start in service window and begin the service manually.
Restart Cortana Search
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combinations to open the Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab from the toolbar.
- Now find and right click on Cortana
- Click End Task.
- Start Cortana and try to search with it.
Troubleshooting search and Indexing
- Press Windows key + R.
- It will open the run program.
- Now type control and click Ok.
- Control panel will open.
- Select View by and click Small icons from the right corner.
- Now click the Indexing Options.
- Select and click Troubleshoot search and indexing link from the bottom of the pop-up box.
- Select problems you are facing in your system and click Next.
- You might be asked to select the option. So click troubleshooting with the administrator.
Recreate Search Index
- Open Control Panel.
- Again click to open Indexing Option.
- Now in the box, click the Advanced
- Click Rebuild tab in the Troubleshooting section.
- Now click Ok.
Run System File Checker and DISM Scans
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Windows Search tool.
- Type cmd or Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Right-click on Command Prompt to open a drop-down menu.
- Click on run it as administrator.
- Type exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and press Enter to execute the command.
- It will take some time to repair the corruption.
- Now type sfc/ scannow and again press enter to execute it.
- Wait until the process is running.
- Once the scanning is done, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
That’s it! You have fixed the Cortana search issues by following the methods from the guide. You must be seeing that your system is showing the search results, which you can access now.
Olivia Jones is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.