The iPhones are known for their performing capacity. Still, when the running phone suddenly starts working slow, it indicates the time to become careful for the device. You must be frustrated and surprised when you noticed that your iPhone is working slowly. It is also possible that you have a lot of questions regarding the reason behind the slow performance of the device.
Are you thinking to restore your iPhone? If yes, then stop right there and try to attempt the workarounds to troubleshoot the problems occurring in your iPhone. The restore will remove all the data from your iPhone which will take time to restore from iTunes. To save your time, try the methods mentioned below and try to enhance the performance of your iOS 11 device.
Here’s how to solve iOS 11 is working slowly.
Turn off the Background App Refresh
The Background App Refresh allows the apps to update themselves in the background. But it takes the necessary resources of the device thus turning it becomes an important task to do.
- Open the Settings in your iPhone.
- Now, tap General and go to Background App Refresh.
- Tap on the toggle button to turn it off.
Disable Siri Suggestions
- Tap to open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to Siri & Search and tap on it.
- Turn the toggle button off for Suggestions in Search.
- Again, turn off Suggestions in Look Up.
Try Updating the Software
The older version can reduce the performance of the device. If the device is running on the older version of the software, then try updating the software.
- Open the Settings app of your iPhone.
- Now tap to open General menu.
- Go to Software Update and choose to Download & Install any update.
- Now the software updates will be installed in your iPhone.
- If you want to update the apps as well, then visit the App Store.
- Tap the Updates tab and then install the updates of the app.
Reduce the Transparency Effects
The transparency or blur effect might look good in the iOS devices, but it takes a lot of device resources and consequently the performance reduces. Hence the turning the Transparency Effect might allow you to enhance the device.
- Open Settings app of your iPhone.
- Go to General and tap Accessibility.
- Now, select Increase Contrast and proceed to Reduce Transparency.
- Turn the Reduce Transparency toggle button On.
Cleaning Up the Storage
Storing an iPhone too much will load its memory. In that scenario, cleaning up the junk files and unnecessary apps will save the memory of the device. If the stored data is very critical and important to you, then you can refer the cloud service from Apple itself. Not only that, you can use other cloud services like Google Drive where which welcomes the users to keep their data safe for free.
- Open the Settings of in your iPhone and tap General.
- Navigate to Storage.
- Now, you can determine what to delete from your iPhone.
- Choose wisely and delete the content or the useless apps from phone.
If your iPhone is still not repaired by following the methods, try to restore the phone. The restoration process will remove all the bugs creating the problem from the device. But don’t forget to create a back up of your data stored in phones before going to reset or restore your iPhone.
The slow performance of the iPhone problem usually not occurs, but it is frustrating for the users. Still, the methods and trick are available to troubleshoot the problem and enhance the performance of the phone.
Sofia Martine is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.