iCloud is the name of the online services Apple delivers to its customers. It is internet based services. iCloud securely store your data like your photos, videos, apps, music, documents, etc. It permits you to easily share photos, videos, locations, calendars, etc. with your friends and family. You can take help of iCloud to find your lost device. Another advantage of the iCloud is you can create a backup of your device.
If your device is enabled with iCloud, then your device is sync data to iCloud. Some users might not be comfortable with the iCloud security and privacy. Sometimes users feel unsafe about uploading their essential data to a third party service and think that any unauthorized person might use their data. This may be the biggest concern to disable iCloud.
You can disable iCloud by signing out from it into your device and stop your data to sync to the iCloud. But, remember that after disabling iCloud you couldn’t access to anything entirely stored in iCloud. You need to again sign in on iCloud to access it.
It is easy and straightforward to disable iCloud from your device. Just follow the steps according to your device.
How to disable iCloud from your iPhone or iPad
- Open ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Tap on your ‘Apple Id’ name in the top of the setting.
- Scroll & tap on ‘Sign out.’
- Enter your Apple ID password, which you use at the time of login.
- Tap on ‘Turn off.’ It is at the bottom of the Apple ID password box.
- Now, select the type of data to keep it in iCloud, by turning on the ‘Sliding button.’
- To delete all data from the iCloud turn off all the buttons.
- Tap ‘Sign out’ on the upper-right corner.
- Again, tap ‘Sign out’ into the confirming window.
How to disable iCloud on Mac
- Click on ‘Apple logo’ at the top-left corner of your screen, to open Apple menu.
- Click on ‘System Preferences’ from the opened menu.
- Click on ‘iCloud.’ A cloud shaped icon.
- Click on ‘Sign out’ on the left side of the iCloud window.
- Now, check the box to keep a copy of data on your Mac, if you want to remove all data permanently uncheck all boxes.
- Click on ‘Keep a copy’ a blue button.
Doing this will save a copy of your selected data into your Mac and sign out from iCloud. If you get a window asking you to save or remove iCloud password from your Mac, then do the following:
To save, click on ‘Keep on This Mac’ and to remove, click on ‘Delete’ button.
Jessica Davis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup