Do you want to delete all or individual contacts on your iPhone? If yes, then you are in the right place. Apple offers various ways for removing contacts. The easiest way is to select a contact from the Contacts app and delete it. In this article, we will discuss multiple ways to delete unwanted contacts from iOS devices.
Often, people end up storing too many contacts and get overwhelmed while handling them. If you want to organize and de-clutter your Contacts list, then you will have to delete some contacts. Also, if you are trying to go no contact with a toxic person, then deleting their contact from your phone is the first thing you should do. Let’s go through the process of removing unwanted contacts from iPhone.
Deleting from the Contacts application
- Firstly, you need to launch the Contacts app. The icon of the app represents the outline of a person with a letters pane on the right. Tap on the app to open it.
- After opening the Contacts app, select the contact you wish to delete. The contacts are listed in alphabetical order. You can also type the name of the contact in the search bar.
- After opening the contact, you wish to delete, hit the Edit button located in the top right side of the screen. Now, you will be able to make changes to the contact.
- In the next page, go to the bottom and press Delete Contact.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm it, so tap on Delete Contact again.
Delete all iCloud contacts
- Unlock the iPhone and go to its settings.
- Now, just touch your Apple ID located at the top.
- Users, who are not already logged in, need to select the Sign in option, input their Apple ID and password, and then hit Sign in.
- Now, go to the second segment of the menu.
- Select iCloud.
- In the Apps Using iCloud screen, turn on Contacts.
- Now, you will be asked if you want to remove all contacts from your device.
- Select Delete from My iPhone.
Disable contacts from mail accounts
- From the home screen of your iPhone, locate Settings and tap on it.
- Now, find Contacts from the menu and open it.
- After that, select Accounts.
- From the list of accounts, choose the one you want. For instance, to go to Contacts settings for your Yahoo account, tap on Yahoo.
- Tap on the slider next to Contacts to turn it off.
- Now, you will be prompted to confirm the action.
- Tap on Delete from My iPhone.
Disable Contact Suggestions
- Launch the Settings app in the iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Contacts from the menu.
- Now, go to the Contacts Found in Apps option, and disable it.
- After doing this, you will not be shown any contact suggestions.
Sofia Martine is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.