Skype is another platform which changed the face of communication. The fantastic video calling facility is available for everyone. Skype service came as a video calling service, but later the chatting option is also added to it. As a result, the Skype account keeping the chat and Conversation history in the device. But don’t worry as there are methods to remove the conversation and chat history from Skype on Mobile Phones. But the deletion of conversation on Skype with Android will differ so let’s see the methods and remove the chat history.
How to Remove Skype Messages on Mobile Phone
If you are using the Skype app on your mobile phone, then you can also remove all the chat history from your Skype account.
Deleting Individual Conversation
- Launch the Skype app on your mobile phone running with the iOS r Android operating system.
- Tap the Chats tab, and it will open all the conversations.
- Select the chat history you want to delete and long press the conversation.
- Now, a list of options will pop up on the screen.
- Tap Delete Chat option from the list.
- Here, you will be asked to confirm the deletion.
- Tap the Delete option from the popup to confirm.
Deleting Complete Conversation History
- Deleting Conversation History on iOS Device
- Launch the Skype app on your iOS device and tap Recent tab.
- It will reveal all the conversation, call history and chat logs.
- Tap the Edit button from the top of the screen.
- Find and tap the minus (-) icon in front of each conversation.
- You have deleted the conversation history from your Skype on iOS device.
- Deleting Conversation History on Android Device
The Android mobile phones do not have any option or feature in Skype to remove the history, but still, there is a workaround through which you can obliterate your conversation history with cookies also. Depending upon the version of Android, the interface might differ with the given steps but remember that you need to select the Clear Data Clear Cache buttons when open Skype in Settings.
- Open the Settings app of your Android phone.
- Scroll down to the Apps button.
- Now, you will see all the installed app of your device.
- Navigate to Skype and tap to open it.
- Tap on the App Info tab and open Storage option.
- Now, tap on the Clear Cache button and proceed to tap the Clear Data button.
- Now, you will clear your Skype conversation history completely.
Remember when you erase the chat history from Skype, you cannot restore it in future. Once you press the delete button, all the chat logs, conversation, and video data will be erased. Though, you will be seeing the benefits in your device just after clearing up the conversation history.
Jessica Davis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup