With the Default settings, the power button on your Windows 10 device is organized to locate that device into the sleep mode. Also, the same power button can be used to force shut down the laptop when it is not responding by pressing and holding the power button until your laptop is on turned off mode.
While if you are happy with the given action or default action of the power button, here you can use these instructions to make the most out with the help of the power button on your Windows 10 device.
However, the power button of your Windows 10 device can be configured to Shut down, sleep, hibernate or sometimes do nothing. You want then you can also arrange the power button to turn off the laptop screen, though it is a very useful and powerful option for all the Windows 10 users.
Steps to Tweak Power Button Settings in Windows 10
Before starting the process, we suggest you follow the instruction in the given steps, as it prevents you from any other errors and takes less time. The steps by steps instruction are discussed below:
- Launch Power Options To open the window follow the given instruction.
- Right-click on the Battery icon appears on the Start Menu.
- Then, click on the Power option.
- Then, click on the Choose what the Power buttons do link appears on the left panel of the Power Options window to open System Settings link.
- Select ‘What happens when you press the power button’ appears under the Power and Sleep buttons and Lid Settings section.
- In the drop-down boxes, select Shut down, Hibernate, Sleep, Turn off the display, or Do nothing option appears next to the When I press the power button.
- Then, click on the Save Changes button.
Joe Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Joe has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.